Monday 1 November 2010

Gatavojoties ziemai / Preparing for winter

Lai manam neatkārtojami mīļajam vīram nesaltu kakls pat visbargākajos laikapstākļos, tā dēvētajā dambretes rakstā notamborēju viņam siltu un mīkstu šalli:

I just finished crocheting a warm and soft scarf for my dear husband according to the so-called Checkers Game pattern so that he doesn't suffer from cold even on the chilliest winter days:



Darba gaitā priecēja fakts, ka, kaut gan krāsas mijas savā starpā ik pa rindai, dziju nav nepieciešams nogriezt, tādēļ, pabeidzot šalli, kopumā jāievelk tikai 4 diegu gali (ak, laime!). Sīkāk par šī raksta tamborēšanas specifiku lasiet Betijas Bārndenas sarakstītajā "Tamborējumu rokasgrāmatā".

Working on the project, I was very delighted by the fact that, although the colors change on every row, I did not need to fasten off yarn, therefore, completing the scarf, I had to weave in only 4 ends (oh, happiness!). More information about the specifics of this particular pattern you can get from Betty Barnden's book "The Crochet Stitch Bible" (I own its Latvian-translated version).

No comments:

Post a Comment